Mechanical Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. We are seeking a mechanical engineer to design camera hardware modules and component parts.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years of consumer electronics experience or 5+ years of experience from a different industry
- Highly motivated with a history of project ownership and working in a fast paced environment
- Key Skills:
- Highly skilled in mechanical design using CAD. Experience with NX is a plus.
- Tolerance analysis of high complexity and precision mechanical designs with excellent understanding of GD&T
- 2D drawings and understanding of related mechanical inspection
- Demonstrated ability to design for plastic injection molding and metal stamping
- Experience with various materials and coatings (research, selection, testing, process capability).
- Experience with fixture design
- Experience with reliability testing and qualification of systems
- Bonus skills:
- Opto-mechanical design for camera modules is a definite plus
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB)/flex design
Design camera module structures and packaging in CAD. Design injection molded, sheet metal, PCB and other component parts. Author detailed 2D manufacturing and inspection drawings. Perform rigorous tolerance analysis of camera module designs and component parts. Collaborate with component part and camera manufacturing partners on design manufacturability and resolution of mechanical issues. Author clear documentation of mechanical inspection and test requirements.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Occasional travel to manufacturing partners is required
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.