Maps Senior Software Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Maps team is seeking a highly technical software engineer in test to drive automation testing and corresponding infrastructure. We're looking for critical thinkers who would like to play a key role in qualifying critical pipelines that are responsible for managing the maps data and integration workflow. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a dynamic team environment.
- Creative thinker and a strong problem solver
- Deep understanding of QA processes (test case planning, feature ownership, automation reporting and triage, bug reporting, regression & isolation)
- Python or Java programming skills is a must
- Experience with Hadoop or other big data system
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and software build processes.
- Familiar with GIS or Map concepts
- Hands on experience working with complex data pipelines and workflows
- Ability to work across multiple teams
- 5 + years of experience
In this role, you'll responsible for testing the web services and pipelines that are used for managing the integration with various backend components. You will be helping to define the strategy to ensure the pipeline functionality meetings the quality bar, work in tandem and collaborate with the development team to ensure testability of the design and implement the automation framework that will scale to become the CI infrastructure, write automation to test components that make up this ecosystem to ensure integration works end-to-end. You will be expected to work with internal partners to understand the data set and scenarios that the pipeline will need to handle. You will have strong computer science fundamentals, a strong coder, but prefers to focus on the testing-related problem that span of teams, as well as a strong analytical mindset to investigate integration issues.
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Additional responsibilities will include design and implementation of test plans, bug isolation, risk analysis, & integration testing across the Maps ecosystem. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring junior members of the team.