People BPR Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The WW PMO Lead will take a critical role within the Project Management Office (PMO) in the People BPR (Business Process Re-engineering) organization. This person would work in a range of capacities from supporting strategic planning, through portfolio management and governance, and down to supporting individual project requests for support. In addition, the PMO Lead will take a key role in the delivery of key programs which cut across multiple teams and functions. This role will also be managing the OpEx and CapEx budget for the People BPR and Analytics team.
- Responsible for Annual capital planning and ongoing budget tracking and adjustments within the year for a balanced outcome.
- Communicates with stake holders consistently to ensure quality of product and service
- Acts as a liaison between the business and technology teams to ensure People PMO needs are adequately met with technology solutions
- Assigns key personnel to project teams while balancing business needs and expectations
- Develops strong partnerships and holds accountability to gain resolution of key issues
- Ensure sound standards and tracking for global initiatives and where required regional specific needs
- Portfolio reporting on a weekly and ad-hoc basis
- Collecting status reports and consolidating into executive level presentations
- Documenting meeting minutes and keeping records of portfolio meetings
- Organizing summits and training events from sending iCals, distributing agendas, coordinating meeting rooms, documenting meeting notes, collecting and posting deliverables, etc.
- Drives development of strategy for global People BPR PMO initiatives - clarify roles with cross functional partners within People and across Apple.
- Champions change management
- Manages, plans and organizes key PMO forums and initiatives
- Responsible for sourcing or building tools for reporting management updates, providing People visibility of key programs and initiatives, team efficiency/resources and measurement/metric tracking
- Deep understanding of project, program and portfolio planning and delivery to the level that they can set standards, propose policy and coach others.
- The ability to bring structure to one’s own work and the work of others.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal, written and presentation.
- Ability to manage a team
- Proven ability to personally deliver large scale initiatives under pressure, with high levels of complexity and ambiguity.
- Proven ability to manage to deadlines
- Proficient at managing multiple efforts simultaneously
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Champion for continuous improvements
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships cross functionally
- Ability to develop new strategies and options for new projects and programs
- Understanding of system implementation
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Crisis management for critical programs
- Owning execution at the portfolio level - reporting, cross portfolio impact assessment
- Understanding of project, program and portfolio processes to be able to take direction and work independently on project tasks and reports
- Understanding of organizational change management principles with the ability to coordinate activities with Project managers and organization such as documenting change impacts, creating change toolkit deliverables, and organizing training events
- Running the management system which the BPR teams use to stay aligned and communicate internally
- Acting as a program management function for key cross functional initiatives within People organization
- Ability to negotiate with cross functional stakeholders for support
- Ability to conduct robust business process analysis and recommend solutions
The People BPR Program Management Office (PMO) provides stewardship of the our programs across the full roadmap for People organization, champions alignment cross-functional, innovates to increase effectiveness of the PMO and gains cross functional engagement from others teams in the organizations. This person would work in a range of capacities from managing portfolio reporting, training, and project management. The successful candidate must have experience initiating, managing and enhancing PMO. The role oversees critical aspects of People BPR capital planning, communication, and change structures globally. Critical to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and partner across the organization with business groups, IS&T teams and specific cross-functional teams. Also required is experience recovering medium to large sized global, cross-functional projects, and people management.
Education & Experience
Prefer: • Bachelors degree • Experience leading system implementation • Experience creating and leading Program and Change management offices • Service organization experience helpful • Literacy with productivity tools: Keynote, Numbers, Excel, Database scripting