Programming and Strategy Manager, TV App
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We love movies and we love TV. When the storytelling is good, it can be emotional, transformational, enraging, insightful, thought-provoking or just a really good laugh. There’s never been a better time to be a fan of video content, but you can have too much of a good thing and that’s precisely why we do what we do. Apple’s video services are laser focused on curation and discovery. There’s a team of people with a passion for video behind every item on our store pages. We watch hundreds of films and binge hours and hours of television in order to help our customers find both the biggest titles and the most interesting new voices across media types and genres. We work with all kinds of content partners: studios, networks, channels, independent labels, SVOD services and MVPDs to bring the best content to Apple video customers and let them consume it on their terms. We curate all that content to Apple customers clearly and concisely with zero friction through the Apple TV App, where they can access content from dozens of the video apps they care about most. We help our customers discover their next favorite movie or TV show on a daily basis. We’re looking for a Programming and Strategy Manager to join our editorial team. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating editorial projects across our TV App team. This will involve working with many varied partners across the business, communicating timelines and programming strategy with the team. You will be a natural communicator and excel working cross-functionally. Your background in editorial production will enable you to bring to life complex and multi phased editorial projects on the TV App.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about Movies & TV content and the digital media spectrum.
- You are an excellent communicator, collaborator, and time-manager with meticulous attention to detail.
- You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence.
- You are obsessed with aesthetic detail.
- You have deep understanding of the Apple Video ecosystem and are a power user yourself.
- You are a driven self-starter and able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- You are a highly motivated and collaborative teammate.
- You work well under pressure and with strict time deadlines.
- Coordinate global TV App editorial projects with the video team. - This includes managing the day-to-day workflows and communications around these projects. - Provide Editorial support for the wider team as an expert on how things function on the TV App. - Run, maintain and communicate a global priority calendar with the wider video team. - Help to manage enhancement requests across our suite of internal tools. - Provide regular updates to video organisation. - Work alongside Production teams throughout Apple to ensure the smooth transition, handoff and execution of all work.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree required.