Business Initiatives Lead, WW Sales Business Development
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products—they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This is an exciting opportunity, as you will hold the end to end responsibility in project management, analytics, solution development, cross-functional alignment and executive communication. You will report to the Director of Business Development under the Global Sales VP.
- Outstanding learning ability. Able to develop a deep understanding on sales related topics across Geos and business lines. Able to use the knowledge to design and build programs that are applicable to the diverse channel structure that we have.
- Strong analytical skills. Good with numbers. Able to identify patterns and trends from data, see through complex facts to tackle the most fundamental business issues.
- Critical thinking. Able to see the big picture, prioritize critical focus areas, and generate strategic options.
- Excellent oral communication skills. Able to have peer level conversation with sales executives and other leaders in the sales function, and influence their opinion with logical thinking, independent perspective, and fact-based arguments.
- Excellent written communication skills. Able to organize complex facts and proposals clearly and concisely, create structured and compelling presentation materials.
- Strong teammate. Able to work effectively in a global matrix organization with cross functional teams.
As part of the WW Sales Strategy & Business Development team, you will work with Global Sales VP and sales leadership in Geos, as part of a special task force to work on project basis to - Analyze key challenges and develop potential solutions to address them - Identify and prioritize new business ideas to drive growth - Develop business plan around new ideas and pilot them in market. Identify viable path to scale new growth opportunities across global markets
Education & Experience
- BS/BA required. MBA or other advanced business degree is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in at least one of the following areas: management consulting, internal consulting, strategy / business planning, business development
- Functional expertise in retail, channel management, sales, BPR is a plus