Siri - Sr. Product Manager, Siri Strategy
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
As a member of the Siri EPM team, you will be responsible for shipping new Siri features to hundreds of millions of users around the world. We’re looking for people with a proven track record of shipping complex, customer-facing features under demanding timelines. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more. You take responsibility and feel a personal stake in the product you ship. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage shifting priorities. You communicate clearly and can make sense of complex technologies. You foster strong relationships and build trust. You aren’t afraid to do what is necessary to get a project done. You work for the success of the entire team.
- Support the Siri Product Engineering team in developing the strategy for next-generation Siri products and architecture, collaborating closely with the various Siri Engineering teams
- Work with the Siri Engineering and Architecture teams to drive new strategies for a flexible and robust next-generation platform and developer experience
- Work with Siri leadership to create a structured process for developing and maintaining a concrete rolling forward Roadmap for the mid and long term vision for Siri. Realign and refactor the Roadmap based on feedback from leadership discussions. Review Roadmap(s) with leadership on a monthly/quarterly cadence.
- Work to make sure planning is aligned to the Siri Roadmap(s) across the Siri Org on a regular cadence, and ensure success through cross-team dependency commitments
- Incorporate product research into the Roadmap Planning, to drive the Product Opportunity work.
- Promote and accelerate collaboration between the Siri Orgs and their roadmaps. Interface with all levels of management and cross-divisional groups, ensuring alignment throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives - Experience working with voice and natural language technologies (e.g. speech recognition, search, natural language processing, data analytics, etc.) - Strong technical background and platform architecture experience. 10+ years in a role leading cross-functional teams in product development (e.g. Program, Project, Product Management, or Business Analysis) - Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities - Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization - Innate drive to improve how things work, with a proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness - Proven capability to ship high-quality features to customers - Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent
- - 5+ years Senior Lead/Management-level experience on a large-scale software team that covered as many of the following as possible: quality of a high-volume live service, Apple OS client , server software, Speech/NL model , international products.
- - Experience managing large server-based products
- - Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- - Bonus if you have prior programming experience (iOS/OSX, Java, Ruby, Scala, Python, PHP, Go, Swift, etc.)