NFC Technology Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you an engineer who is looking to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results, and communicate effectively? Do you thrive delivering state of the art technologies that deeply affect people's lives? Come to Apple and work within a team to deliver a broad range of wireless technologies. This is an extraordinary opportunity to engage with the latest technologies and contribute to groundbreaking Apple products year after year. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. The Wireless Technology Engineering Program Manager (EPM) is responsible for the technical management and support of engineering investigations and project development as part of Apple's Hardware Technology team. You will lead a multi-functional team of skilled RF, EE, SW, and ME engineers to deliver wireless technologies to enable the optimal customer experience for Apple products including iPhone, iPad, Mac and more. This role investigates opportunities for project intersection, manages and tracks schedules, and communicates risks and priorities. You will drive day to day activities with the engineering team having the top-level project goals in sight at all times. The EPM role is highly technical. You will utilize your strong technical Electrical Engineering/RF background to understand technical details of multi-functional issues and risks. This will enable you to set the proper priorities, put risk mitigation plans in place, and call out to executive management as required.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in the RF/Wireless Communications Industry and/or Hardware Technology Company. Experience in Near Field Communication (NFC) is a plus.
- 3+ years of Technical Program Management/ Engineering Management experience.
- Prior experience with semiconductor design lifecycle is required.
- Expert communicator, verbally and written, including capability to facilitate executive meetings key decisions on wireless technologies are made.
- Experience with portable consumer electronics devices.
- Experienced in crafting project schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Ability to travel internationally.
• Lead multi-functional design and development teams and track development schedules across multiple teams. • Identify and prioritize project tasks and perform project risk assessments. • Communicate status and the big picture to the project team and executive management. • Drive suppliers and integrate their work and schedules into the project. • Run failure / root cause analysis and implement corrective action measures across multifaceted teams. • Synchronize module and system development projects with Apple and external teams.
Education & Experience
• BS EE/CE degree required; MS desired