3D Rendering Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are the team that creates the innovative Maps “Look Around” feature. Our team designs and develops cutting edge 3D technologies for forward-facing products. We are looking for innovative and dynamic Rendering Engineers to join us in our efforts to push the limits of what is possible in the rendering space on current and future hardware. You will be working with Product Design and cross functional Engineering teams to develop new rendering algorithms and user facing products. You will be using your graphics and performance knowledge to push the boundaries of visual user experiences.
- * Strong C++ and architecture design skills
- * Comprehensive knowledge of linear algebra and rendering algorithms
- * Good understanding of memory management and multi-core systems
- * Experience with Metal, Direct3D, OpenGL or Vulkan
- * Understanding of lighting models and PostFX
- * Knowledge of profiling and optimization strategies
- * Experience shipping user facing features on games or similar mediums
- * Collaborate with cross functional engineering teams
- * Conduct code reviews and hiring interviews
Our team is dynamic and collaborative, and we are passionate about exploring an uncharted and quickly evolving domain. As a member on our team, you will contribute by researching and developing a new rendering architecture - a challenge demanding rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing code quality. You'll possess a keen understanding of state of the art interactive 3D applications and have proven determination to discover what the future holds in this space. As a cohesive and enthusiastic team, we are working together to understand how to meld existing rendering technologies while looking ahead to what the future holds.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or relevant experience will be considered.
- While the following skills are not required and optional, knowledge of one or more of these areas would be valuable:
- Experience developing a game or engine;
- AR/VR and/or Computer Vision experience