TV Video Business Partner Manager
Culver City, California, United States
We love movies and we love TV. When the storytelling is good, it can be emotional, transformational, enraging, insightful, thought-provoking or just a really good laugh. There’s never been a better time to be a fan of video content, but you can have too much of a good thing and that’s precisely why we do what we do. Laser focused on curation and discovery, there’s a team of people with a passion for video behind every item on our app’s pages. We watch hundreds of films and binge hours and hours of television in order to help our customers find both the biggest titles and the most interesting new voices across media types and genres. We work with all kinds of content partners: studios, networks, channels, independent labels, SVOD services, digital native apps and MVPDs to bring the best content to Apple video customers and let them consume it on their terms. We curate all that content to TV customers clearly and concisely with zero friction through the TV app, where customers can access content from over 15 channel partners and dozens of partner video apps and buy or rent movies they care about most. We help our customers discover their next favorite movie or TV show on a daily basis. We’re looking for a film & TV executive to join our business team as a Business Partner Manager to ensure the best content experience for our video customers and drive revenue for our content partners at the same time. The Business Partner Manager will work with studio, channel and app partners to drive their revenue growth in TV app and iTunes. And as part of the business team, they will be expected to contribute strategically to the overall revenue growth of TV business by developing business strategies and processes.
- You should have 10+ years of industry experience.
- You are passionate and deeply knowledgeable about movies & TV content and the digital media spectrum, including all video business models, including transactional, SVOD, AVOD and vMVPDs.
- You have strong partner management skills.
- You are an excellent communicator, collaborator and planner with meticulous attention to detail.
- You have deep understanding of the Apple Video ecosystem and are a power user yourself.
- You are able to define and execute against a business plan.
- You have strong analytical skills to quickly evaluate business opportunities.
- You are a driven self-starter and able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- You are a highly motivated and collaborative teammate.
- You work well under pressure and with strict time deadlines.
- Manage TV network, studio, channel and TV App day to day partner relationships. - Drive revenue growth across all TV 3rd party businesses, including transactional movies and TV, channels and TV app partners. - Collaborate with our partners to create business strategies and content priorities and develop revenue generating programs and promotions. - Develop and implement content tentpole plans and collaborate internally with marketing, programming and operations to launch them. Define partner growth strategies and develop plans to hit revenue targets. - Team with programming and marketing to successfully promote content priorities on TV and iTunes. - Bring the partners on board for any changes in TV business priorities and/or processes - Be the internal expert on anything pertaining to the partner and be the main point of content for any TV requests to the partner - Run all partner meetings, including weekly calls, business reviews and content deep dives.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred.