Location and Safety Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products and services. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Would you like to come and build the next generation of Apple’s location platform that powers positioning and location services on the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and future products? Are you an experienced software engineer who is passionate about location/navigation and safety domains? Are you passionate about privacy? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product.
- You are a strong software developer, primarily in C/C++, git, python
- You are well versed in software design paradigms and software development best practices
- You have a strong understanding of network security, protocol analysis and debugging
- You have a strong working knowledge of assisted GNSS call flows and are experienced with 3GPP location protocols. Hands on experience with embedded location client or server development is a plus. Familiarity with 3GPP (NR, 4G, 3G, 2G) or 3GPP2 protocols is a plus.
- You have experience with the integration of third-party vendor hardware and algorithms into larger systems, including in-system characterization, test, debugging, and optimization.
- You have an understanding of GNSS signals, observables formation, error analysis, and PNT solution generation. Direct experience with the development of network based location technologies or measurement engine firmware/software is a plus.
- Familiarity with public safety and emergency communications and regulations is a plus
- You thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment and communicate effectively with multi-functional team members.
At Apple, you will join a group of extraordinary location engineers and software architects who develop the GNSS and radio navigation services that are shared across all our devices. Here, you will: apply your skills and experience to tackle some of the most challenging problems in personal navigation and safety today; work closely with systems and hardware engineers to define a develop new safety technologies and applications; work directly on the location platform framework that delivers seamless positioning data to Apple internal and third-party software clients. At Apple, you will have a rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field with 3+ years of industry or equivalent academic research experience.