Post Production Visual Effects Executive, Apple TV+
Culver City, California, United States
We are seeking a problem solver with a forward-thinking, grounded, and positive demeanor to work as a post-production and visual effects executive in support of our Apple TV+ Service. You will be a part of the Post-production and Visual Effects Team in the Culver City office. A key aspect of this position is to manage relationships with all post-production, visual effects, and main title vendors, as well as communication with the UK and Europe based shows. Your involvement on productions can begin as early as development budgeting and scheduling, to editorial and vendor approvals in pre-production through verifying finishing sessions, QC, and delivery. We also work with the Apple Security team to ensure content protection and the Video Operations Team to help with troubleshooting deliverables. We are responsible for direct communication with shows, quality control for all visual effects' materials and processes for the Apple Content team.
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a Studio or Network Visual Effects and/or Post-production Executive or Consultant
- 2 years or more in show-side Freelance Post-production and/or Visual Effects (any theatrical experience is helpful)
- A strong background in visual effects and the visual effects process for 4K and premium content.
- Experience in post-production or visual effects for a variety of formats (scripted, unscripted, kids, animation, theatrical, etc.), a plus.
- You will need a deep understanding and understanding of the digital filmmaking process, deliverables requirements, cameras, lenses, 4K, Dolby Vision HDR, Dolby Atmos, all the leading and state of the art specifications being explored by premium content distributors.
- Hands on Animation and Motion Capture experience preferred
- Experience with Prevision or Virtual Capture workflows
You will lead all visual effects departments and effects personnel on all visual effects shows as well as post-production on all animated shows. You will verify and lead the approval process on visual effects personnel and manage the effects budget and schedules on the shows. We need your expertise to advise on line items in budget submissions and provide solutions for high cost or overage issues. We are a primary part of weekly communications with all show visual effects producers and/or supervisors as you advise shows with small visual effects needs and support larger shows on their visual effects plans. We break down scripts for visual effects counts and schedules, and estimate a budget, along with the need for special processes like scanning, motion capture, prevision, etc. You have the opportunity to recommend visual effects, scanning, prevision, motion capture, etc. vendors and lead early visual effects bidding while adhering to our NDA process. You will track and communicate effects budgets and anticipated costs based on changing cuts and report as you research and advise on tax credit nuances related to visual effects. We will visit sets as needed for complex visual effects sequences, motion capture, scanning, etc. with some travel required. You will lead vendor contracts, implement all Apple content security policies and assist with content permissions. The Post Executive handles visual effects turnover to Apple for review, provides specifications for files, screens all effects for technical notes, and culls together all other Apple department notes. You'll attend tradeshows and technical retreats to research equipment and ground breaking processes, as well as networks with technical industry professionals to stay current. You will also attend mix and color sessions to provide quality assurance. We partner closely with the marketing teams to procure materials from shows for their promotional needs. Quality Check all shows along with the vendor before they are delivered to the platform in Los Angeles ensuring paperwork and deliverables for shows are collected before being posted to an online repository.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience