HID, Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products and making the kind of impact that changes people's lives. The Health Sensing Software team embodies the core Apple values around delighting our customers with products that empower users to live a better and healthier life, while keeping their data safe, private, and secure. We are looking for a senior iOS/watchOS Application engineer to join our team. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with multi-functional partners both internal and external to Apple to build innovative health products. You will be building products that range from sensors and features that are built into the watch to developing Application based health platforms that interface with healthcare and drive better health outcomes for our users.
- Experience developing and deploying high quality applications for iOS/watchOS in the App Store.
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs and working with backend team on a full-stack solution.
- Experience driving end-to-end engineering architecture and design for front-end / app development as well as distributed back-end server.
- Deep understanding of iOS Apple development tools (e.g. Xcode, LLDB, and Instruments) and iOS/watchOS SDK
- Ability to work well and respectfully with others by listening, communicating clearly, and actively sharing knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunities to work with clinical, product, design and engineering teams to help innovate in the healthcare space in ways that only Apple can. In this role, you will (1) Design and architect health research study infrastructure that drive feature roadmap for the watch sensing team (2) Collaborate with the health strategic initiatives team to translate innovative product requirements to engineering design (3) Drive end to end system engineering and architecture for cross-partnership programs. This position requires a self-motivated engineer with strong technical and communication skills.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS/CE (or equivalent)
- Strong interest and background in Health and Wellness topics is a plus.
- Experience with cloud platforms is a strong plus
- Experience working with sensor data (e.g. motion, heart rate sensors)