Software Engineer Maps Service Infrastructure
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As a member of the Maps Services Infrastructure team, you will build and support large-scale distributed services to power an increasing number of features in the Apple Maps application. Along with the services, themselves, you will be responsible for building internal tools both for your team and for internal consumers.
- Experience building meaningful software on the jvm is highly desired.
- Strong familiarity with linux at least at a "power user" level.
- Strong familiarity with at least one interpreted language (python, ruby, bash, etc.).
- You have strong familiarity with at least one major database technology (RDBMS or NoSQL).
- You possess familiarity with networking systems, load balancers, cloud stacks.
- Proven experience in production data and/or services environments.
- Proven ability to start from nothing and build something useful.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn new things and the ability to adapt to new ideas.
You will have a strong say in the entire technology stack above the operating system. We're looking for someone who has a passion for their work, for Apple products, and for working in a tight-knit team.
Education & Experience
BS, MS CS or equivalent experience.