Sr. Sensors System Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
One of Apple’s R&D groups is currently seeking Senior Sensor Systems Engineer to define requirements and use cases, derive specifications, lead validation/verification and help define our future autonomous systems sensor suite. You will work closely with platform systems engineering, sensor module hardware teams, outside partners, and our algorithms team. If you are passionate about sensors, systems engineering and building an elite autonomous systems apply today! If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable services, we may be the team for you!
- MUST HAVES:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Systems Engineering, or another relevant engineering field
- 5+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with sensor hardware in a design, integration and testing, such as optical imaging systems, lidars, radars, or similar
- 5+ years of industry experience developing complex system requirements for sensor evaluation and characterization
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and come up to speed quickly on new sensing modalities
- Ability to adapt, operate, and flourish under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- NICE TO HAVES:
- Expertise in autonomous sensors suppliers
- Experience with safety certified hardware programs
- Expertise in robotics, autonomous systems, or aerospace sensor platforms
- Expertise in hardware components, embedded software, etc.
- Sensor modeling and simulation experience (Matlab, Python)
- Skilled in cross-functional team communication
To succeed in this role, you should have solid experience in several of the following areas: - Identify platform defining Use Cases that bound key sensor architectures. - Create, lead and trace testable, realistic and well defined requirements - Perform simulation and analysis to support use cases and requirements - Maintain a strong relationship with our hardware teams, and external vendors - Develop validation plans and lead execution of HW testing teams - Integrate with autonomy systems engineering to define sensor needs and roadmap - Communicate across teams and outside orgs about team progress & needs - Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
Education & Experience
M.S. in Engineering + minimum of 5 years of industry experience OR PHd. in Engineering + minimum of 3 years of industry experience We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.