Embedded Controller Systems Software - Mechatronics/Robotics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple is looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about joining Apple’s engineering team in Sunnyvale, California as an Embedded Controller Systems Software Engineer for the Speacial Projects Team, focusing on autonomous technologies. In this role, you will develop low-level control, peripheral driver and application firmware for future Apple products. The position requires high level thinking to architect code solutions along with low level programming, excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Working on this technology you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the implementation and quality of Apple's future products. Our environment develops innovation within a creative solution space. If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable services, we may be the team for you!
- Bachelor of Science degree in one of EE, CS or CE.
- 4+ years of embedded firmware development using C/C++.
- Working knowledge of hardware design for embedded applications.
- Experience of mechatronics or robotics applications
- Experience with advanced micro-controllers, especially those which are ARM based.
- Experience with micro-controller peripherals including I2C/SMBus, RS232, SPI, ADC etc
- Hands on experience with test equipment including scopes, analyzers, and multi-meters.
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent critical analysis, statistical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and leadership skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ownership of firmware application. - Ownership of communication and interface technologies. - Writing code from scratch in C and C++ for an embedded controller application. - Analyzing sensor telemetry and control loop responses. - Prototyping proof of concepts