Postgres Database Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you like the idea of running global services that are used by millions of passionate people all over the world? Do you enjoy working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game?
- 5+ years supporting Postgres databases in a high volume, customer-facing environment.
- Strong experience in optimizing and performance tuning of PostGres including drill-down analysis
- Hands-on experience in configuring and supporting replication
- Background in building large database infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a high-demand environment
- Extraordinary experience administering multi-terabyte databases
- Knowledge of MySQL is desirable
- Proficiency with sql, shell, python /perl, Go languages
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, tight deadline delivery timeline
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Ambitious, highly motivated, innovative and have a consistent track record of running multiple production environments for large user base
- Detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and have strong analytical skills
- Self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities
- Experience in Kubernetes will be a plus.
Responsible for administration of production, QA, and development database infrastructure related to Data Services. Provide database architecture and design solutions. DATABASE INFRASTRUCTURE SETUP, CONFIGURATION, UPGRADING/PATCHING, MONITORING AND TROUBLESHOOTING Build the automation scripts for database infrastructure IMPLEMENTING STANDARD METHODOLOGIES FOR DR AND BACKUPS Measurement and optimization of system performance Capacity planning and forecast management Participate in new technology/feature evaluation, design, and development of highly scalable distributed databases Position requires 24x7 on-call support rotation with other team members.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience