Media Streaming Engineer Internship
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Looking to catch up on the latest episode of your favorite TV show after work? The last thing you want is stuttering audio or video. The Streaming Media team builds frameworks to provide clients the ability to stream the highest-quality media possible from your favorite video services (e.g. iTunes Movies, Netflix, HBO, etc) without stalling, and we’re constantly pushing the limitations on new feature development. This technology powers the streaming media experiences on all of Apple’s platforms (iPhones/iPads, Apple TV, and macOS) by building on core technologies and frameworks such as Core Media, AVFoundation.
- You have a knowledge of media streaming protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DASH, RTMP, RTSP, etc
- You will have a deep understanding of media codecs and transports/container formats: H.264/AVC, HEVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, MPEG-2 TS, etc
- Experience in developing audio/video players (or streaming servers)
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, with excellent multithreaded debugging skills
- Understanding of HTML5 based video playback technologies including MSE and EME
- Understanding of HTTP/S
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools such as WireShark, etc
- Good familiarity with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Ability to work well with tight schedules and rapid development cycles
- A self-starter who possesses extraordinary time management skills with phenomenal attention to detail, and the ability to work independently when handling multiple priorities.
We are looking for a dedicated and hardworking engineer to join our streaming media playback team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing features, contributing to media systems design, analyzing performance, and tuning algorithms for streaming media playback. We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about networking and media and want to work on a real-time system with our heavily data-driven team.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.