Streaming Media Internship
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Looking to catch up on the latest episode of Game of Thrones? Want to FaceTime with your parents to tell them about the new Apple products you’ll be getting them for Christmas? When you’re doing either of these, the last thing you want is stuttering audio or video. Streaming Media builds frameworks to provide clients the ability to stream the highest-quality media possible from your favorite video services (e.g. iTunes Movies, Netflix, HBO, etc) without stalling, as well as the frameworks that power the low-latency bidirectional communication of FaceTime, and we’re constantly pushing the envelope on new feature development. We’re looking for individuals who are interested in networking and media and want to work on a real-time system with our heavily data-driven team.
- Excellent analytical, programming (C, C++, Objective C, Swift), and debugging skills and strong proficiency in multi-threaded development
- Broad scripting experience (Bash, Ruby, Python).
- Knowledge and practical experience with building software on TCP and UDP networking APIs on iOS, MacOS, Linux
- Knowledge of streaming media protocols preferred: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Smooth Streaming, DASH, RTMP, RTSP, etc
- Background in Machine Learning and/or Big Data is a big plus
As a media streaming engineer in this role, you will be responsible for developing features, contributing to media systems design, analyzing performance, and tuning algorithms for streaming media playback. This individual should have development experience at multiple layers of the OS network stack and have experience building network delivery systems for media content.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent