QA Manager - UIKit & SwiftUI
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what we could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. Our UIKit team is looking for an accomplished Manager to lead and inspire many engineers who are responsible for the quality assurance of our products, which are used daily by millions of people around the globe. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Experience in a Test or QA Manager role owning release decisions, scoping work, and driving bug convergence
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies including triaging, debugging, automating, testing, etc.
- Ability to describe how you have lead team members to improve and develop their skill-sets and measurable accomplishments
- Desire and proven ability to attract, retain, and grow people to create a self-organized and highly empowered team
- Experience deploying testing for performance, UI, features, stability, and other product-oriented needs.
- Charted and instituted passion for quality and the ability to discuss your tangible improvements to both product and process
- Experience with dynamic, schedule-driven development
- Passionate for building strong working relationships across a large organization.
- Able to work in an ambiguous and highly interdependent work environment to get things done in an efficient and thoughtful way
- Experience creating and bringing to bear qualitative metrics and measurements
As the Senior QA Leader in our organization, you will be responsible for managing a skilled team and integrating new team members into the group to build a cohesive and highly functioning unit. You will partner with multiple technical areas to integrate and elevate current support methodologies, as well as iterate and propose new ways of supporting our business needs. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - You will develop and inspire a large team consisting of Functional QA and test development engineers, partnering with multiple engineering teams to develop and support features, platforms, and new technologies. - You will build innovative ways to automate and expand our software testing - Compiling, analyzing, and presenting test results—ultimately driving and constantly improving Apple’s product quality. - You will promote and discover new QA best-practices which ensure successful deployments across our many teams - You will lead by example; motivating people, instilling accountability, and achieving results
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- - 5+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager or a Software Quality Manager
- - Hands-on experience writing advanced object-oriented code including creating automation frameworks and test scripts for large scale testing scenarios.
- - Coding skills in Swift, Objective C, Python, Java, or related OOD languages