Bluetooth Software Engineer - Performance
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Sensing & Connectivity organization and drive innovation that matters! As part of the Bluetooth Wireless Performance team you will be working on building and analyzing wireless solutions that help drive connectivity driven features. You should have excellent analytical skills & ability to collaborate in a high-paced environment.
- Hands on experience in a mixture of domains including development, testing, automation, as well as strong understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Excellent working knowledge of RF and Wireless communication (physical / MAC layer) fundamentals along with good understanding of RF metrics
- Strong knowledge of Bluetooth standards specifically around Audio and HID profiles as well as Low Energy
- Demonstrated track record of evaluating, building and driving complex connectivity features utilizing wireless evaluation and troubleshooting tools for product performance and analyzing associated system behaviors.
- Utilize tools including audio quality analyzers, wireless and bluetooth packet sniffers (Frontline Sodera, Ellisys, etc.) and network protocol analyzers to help determine root cause and provide debugging information to engineering teams.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about using wireless and software skills to drive engineering decisions. You should be capable of designing engineering tests and building setups that provide system performance verdict & ability to communicate it to a wide audience. The role requires ability to collaborate with multiple teams and identifying new opportunities to take on emerging engineering challenges.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Flexibility and comfort working on a dynamic, fast-growing effort with minimal documentation and process.
- Aptitude to deal with ambiguity, and enthusiasm to help solve difficult issues
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are important to our customers.