Site Service Technician - Reno, NV
Reno, Nevada, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Are you excited by working and learning in a fast paced dynamic environment? Do you wish to be challenged and to think outside of the box? We are searching for a highly motivated detail oriented Site Service Technician that will be responsible for maintaining and deploying servers in a high-demand challenging critical data center environment.
- A minimum of 2 or more years experience installing and solving problems server hardware.
- Have the ability to lift and move 50lbs equipment daily.
- At least 4 years experience working in a large data center environment (10,000+ servers).
- Ability to successfully work with minimal supervision.
- A self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Capable of working shifts, which may include weekends and or holidays.
- Lead multiple projects and prioritize urgent tasks.
- Maintain a high degree of self-motivation and drive.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions independently.
- Good social, written and verbal relational skills.
- Drivers License and reliable transportation.
- Strong knowledge of physical IT infrastructures.
- Knowledge of TIA/EIA and ITIL standards and guidelines.
- Prior break-fix knowledge/experience required.
- Follow and perform the data center's safety programs and policies.
- Familiarity with Apple’s Hardware Environment: Apple, IBM pSeries and xSeries, Sun, HP, Datadomain, NetApp, Teradata, IBM Storage
The Site Services Technician is responsible for deploying and maintaining servers and the supporting infrastructure in a dynamic environment with rapidly shifting priorities, while maintaining high availability. A confirmed attention to detail and effective documentation skills are important components to success in this position.
Education & Experience
Prefer an Associates or Bachelors degree BICSI/RCDD Certification