Systems Software Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you excited to learn about and influence Apple's new software features? Do you desire to understand the ins and outs of Apple’s operating systems and services? You will have just that opportunity on the Software Power team. We're looking for a talented and hardworking person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you. You will constantly be challenged to learn Apple’s latest features and technologies to ensure they ship with phenomenal battery life. You will dive into how different features and system services are designed, and work with cross functional teams to improve the energy efficiency of their code. We constantly look to push the envelope on energy efficiency, and are always finding ways to safeguard our customer's battery life experience while we provide 3rd party developers a rich platform to develop phenomenal features. Most meaningfully, every ounce of energy you save will impact million of users and devices, resulting in a greener earth!
- Strong coding skills, preferably in C/C++/Objective C
- Experience in software design/development
- Strong analytical thinking to seek meaningful problems
- Excellent debugging skills
- Strong system level understanding
- Ambitious and able to work independently
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- a proven foundation in software design/architecture coupled with good system understanding and excellent debug/triage skills.
- Experience with development on embedded platforms
- Deep understanding of operating system concepts and networking concepts
In this role, you will be working on design and development of systems software to help improve battery usage and performance of Apple products. This includes logging infrastructure to model and triage energy usage as well as performance impact of different apps and software services. You would also be developing real-time analysis mechanisms to detect/mitigate such issues.
Education & Experience
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent