Editorial Tools Manager, App Store & Arcade
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Media Products is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization. With customers in 155 countries, we lead a fast-growing marketplace and growing set of services for Apps, Music, TV & Movies, Books, Podcasts, and more. We’re passionate about creating functional & intuitive internal tools and want to talk if you are too. Apple is seeking an Editorial Tools EPM Manager to focus on internal tools development to specifically support the Apps Store & Arcade Editorial,Production and Business Operations teams.
- Strong understanding of content management systems and the information architecture behind it
- At least 5 years of program, project, or product management in software development.
- Previous experience as the manager of a program, project or product management team in software development.
- Track record of managing high performing individuals and supporting their success.
- Naturally accountable and responsible.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, disciplined, and self-sufficient.
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- Strong technical proficiency in software architecture and development. Bonus points for past programming experience.
The Editorial Tools Manager will manage a team of EPMs that work cross-functionally across engineering, QA, Tools and Product UI design, production and business/content teams to scope and drive content management tools for the App Store & Arcade Business, Editorial & Production teams. The person in this role must have a strategic mindset and an ability to build strong and trusted relationships with colleagues across the entire organization and around the world. The Tools EPM role focuses on operationalizing new features, delivering on the full lifecycle of their projects, including: requirements gathering, creating functional specs, tracking development, sprint planning, training, QA, and post-launch analysis & support. This person will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand business challenges, requirements and make sure key stakeholders are informed while remaining an advocate for the internal and external user experience. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery of projects assigned to your team. Strong fundamentals are a basis, but you have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the tools you launch & support; you provide coaching & career support for direct reports; you value integrity; you handle conflict; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire EPM team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself & and your team; you're prescient; and you ship editorial tools that power content which millions of customers will see.
Education & Experience
Prefer a BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field