RF Requirements Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Are you ready to join our Wireless Architecture team? As a key member of an advanced development team, the Cellular RF Requirements Engineer will be responsible for researching, analyzing, compiling, and ultimately disseminating the breadth of requirements impacting Cellular RF Architecture and RF System Design.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the Wireless Design industry including solid working RF knowledge will set you up for success.
- Your deep knowledge of Cellular Radio Standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, LTE-A, 5G NR), including their implications on overall radio architectures and RF system design allows for us to design amazing solutions.
- Your expertise in analyzing worldwide regulatory requirements from standardization bodies including FCC, IC, ETSI, CE, TELEC, CTTL, CCSA, etc. is key.
- Deep understanding of Cellular Carrier requirements including bands, modes, carrier aggregation combinations, OTA (TRP/TIS), and supplemental RF test cases would be valuable.
- Strong analytical & communication skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment will be very helpful.
- Experience participating in 3GPP RAN4/RAN5 is a plus.
- Collaborate with RF Design, RF Conformance, Antenna, Carrier, Regulatory, and Platform Architecture teams to collate the full breadth of requirements impacting Cellular RF. - Generate product specific RF Requirements Specifications insuring that functional and performance requirements are fully vetted and consistent with overall product definition and design goals. - Track and champion RF KPI improvements across product generations. Insure that product development learning’s are fed forward to subsequent designs. - Research new Cellular features, technology roadmaps, and emerging standards to assess their impact on next generation RF architectures and designs.
Education & Experience
BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.