Training Video Scriptwriter
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Are you an expert writer who is ready to tackle a challenge, creating video training content? The AppleCare Media Production is looking for a hardworking writer to work hand in hand with Instructional Designers and other content requestors to figure out the most effective approach to videos in each course at the design phase. In partnership, they define the video creative brief. The writer, along with input from our production team, then transforms the brief into an engaging, efficient script that satisfies the needs of the learners and the objectives of the business. What should you bring to the role? A successful writer in this role is someone who excels at forming relationships, is detail oriented and wants to bring out the best in not only themselves, but others as well. Experience in corporate communications or customer-facing instructional or “explainer” content is highly valued. The writer will be able to work independently and should be comfortable with virtual meetings and occasional travel as they will be working closely with our Cupertino-based teams. We are looking for an innovator with experience who is excited by the opportunity to make a positive impact on tens of thousands of technicians globally, and hundreds of millions of customers lives.
- 3+ years of professional experience writing narrative style scripts for instructional online videos, television or podcast writing, TV news or copy-writing for an ad agency
- Extraordinary writing, editing, formatting, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Experience transforming content using formatting and visuals
- Ability to juggle multiple projects on tight timelines
- Experience collaborating with writers, visual designers, and subject matter guides
- Ability to express ideas clearly and diplomatically
- Real passion and proven record of providing an incredible user experience
The responsibilities of this role include the following: Write effective, engaging content that speaks to our audience in their own language while meeting business objectives. Suggest ways to improve content with formatting and visuals. Provide feedback to your creative peers and welcome review of your own work with others. Collaborate openly and effectively with a range of partners. Connect with content strategists to analyze underperforming content and recommend ways to improve it. Lead content projects and communicate status actively. Look for ways to make your content better and continually thrive to raise the bar.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Film Arts, English/Writing, Corporate Communications or Broadcast Science
- Occasional travel to Cupertino, CA attendance at location shoots in Cupertino or other Apple corporate campus locations.