Senior Manager, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) iCloud
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a Senior Manager, SRE in iCloud, you'll be an on a team whose mission is to build and improve Apple's most critical internet services. We're looking for hardworking and passionate people to join this amazing team. If you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- 5+ years experience building and leading technical teams
- Strong emphasis on SRE as an engineering discipline with a focus on automation
- Superb interpersonal skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Proven project management skills, including excellent presentation skills
- You are capable of writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Fully experienced in all aspects of CI/CD
- Experience supporting infrastructure and services in *nix and public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience building and supporting containerized application technologies including Docker, kubernetes
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Perl/Go for building automation or integration with APIs
- Deep understanding and experience with centralized configuration management, coordination and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
You will be an accomplished builder and leader of high-performance SRE teams, ready to tackle your next challenge. This role will position you to help shape the future of how we build and run our services with massive impact on a global scale. You will have the technical chops to go deep, yet retain the ability to focus on higher-level business and product goals. If you are hungry to positively influence millions of people’s experience of Apple, this is the job for you. You know SRE and you know what it will take to run services at Apple scale with a high degree of operational perfection. iCloud’s services are big. You will lead teams operating global services handling the requests of hundreds of millions of Apple customers. This kind of scale presents unique challenges. SRE teams at Apple own the full infrastructure stack; from device driver performance debugging to content delivery network traffic management, Your responsibilities will be both broad and deep. Your team will embody the "Startup" mentality; fostering a strong entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a better solution to a problem; document a strategy for improvement, advocate for your strategy through persuasion and socialization efforts, then carry it through to completion. Good ideas are heard and results are rewarded. You will use all of your talent to deliver and assure the high availability and performance of our services that our customers deserve.
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent employment