Houdini FX TD / Workflow Expert
Culver City, California, United States
Help shape the future of the Mac in the Media & Entertainment industry. The Pro Workflow team is seeking a Senior FX Artist / Technical Director to join a small team of senior content creation workflow experts and system architects. This is an individual contributor role and you will build visual effects for live action and animated shots for various projects.
- 10+ years experience as an FX artist or similar in live action VFX films, Animated films, episodic TV
- Proven experience in producing effects such as smoke, fire, water/fluids, explosions, procedural modeling, destruction, rigid bodies and dynamics.
- Expert knowledge of SideFX Houdini
- Familiarity with other 3D and VFX applications as appropriate (Maya, Substance, etc)
- Good communication and ability to chart a direction through ambiguity
- Knowledge and experience with Houdini as an DCC
- Experience with Houdini FX in Games
- Scripting in Python
You are an expert in your craft and looking for new and unique challenges. You are able to work with a small team of experts across multiple disciplines. You will help set our overall direction with FX. You’ll work with Mac system architects to make the process of content creation better on the Mac as well as explore innovations to the FX workflows.
Education & Experience
MA, MS or equivalent relevant experience