Application Cloud Engineer, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 6+ years of experience with Linux, UNIX, CoreOS, etc.
- Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef… Been there and done that. You know where each are strong and weak.
- Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm… Yup, you’ve seen it all.
- The operating system is just one part of the ecosystem. You’re well versed in the rest (networking, storage, DBs, etc).
- Prometheus, Nagios, Sensu… tuning monitoring just right is imperative to success.
- You know how to set direction and build consensus through vigorous debate.
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you. You see it as an opportunity to define the future.
- You automate things rather than doing them twice.
- You’re a hands-on strategist.
- You can lead a project yourself.
- You’re an expert in the Cloud Engineering space, but don’t want to be limited to that space.
- Experience with HashiCorp stack - Nomad, Consul, Vault is a plus.
The Apple Pay team is looking for Application Cloud Engineers to support our rapid growth and expansion. This new role will be part of the Infrastructure Engineering team at Apple Pay. You'll have the opportunity to have a broad impact on the product and customer experience.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent