WiFi Quality Assurance Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Sensing & Connectivity team and drive innovation that matters! We craft and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. The team works on the next generation of connectivity technologies on the iOS, MacOS, tvOS and the revolutionary Watch. Are you passionate about WiFi, Networking, and Wireless Quality Engineering? Are you willing to automate and develop your automation skills? Do you want to delight & surprise users with magical user experiences? The software quality team is looking for a motivated, highly technical WiFi QA Engineer with excellent problem solving and coding skills.
- Strong working knowledge of 802.11 WLAN/WiFi (a,b,g,n,ac,ax), Bluetooth standards (BT classic, BLE, BT4.0) and WiFi/BT Coexistence.
- Working knowledge and experience with Wireless LAN Security (WPA, WPA, WPA3, 802.1X Enterprise Security)
- Experience in WiFi and/or BT Functional testing, Performance testing, and Stability Testing.
- Writing test cases, test plans, and thorough documentation around well-defined functional areas.
- Execute defined test cases and find/report hardware, software, and platform issues.
- Utilize tools including wireless and Bluetooth packet sniffers and network protocol analyzers to help figure out root cause and provide debugging information to engineering teams.
- Knowledge and previous experience with Jenkins open source automation server highly desirable.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and comfortable working with cross-functional teams.
- Support development in debugging and reproducing issues.
- Can clearly communicate and drive multiple projects across many teams.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.
- Ability to write automation and automate existing test cases to improve efficiency.
- Competency in Python and/or C/C++. Previous automation experience required.
You will join a dynamic quality engineering team responsible for Apple's latest products to ensure seamless access using Wi-Fi technology that drive a unique user experiences and delight our users.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Additional experience in scripting/coding in Swift is a plus.