Sensor and Controls Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Project Group at Apple is currently seeking a sensor and controls engineer. The sensor and controls engineer is responsible for implementing the orchestration of these sensors, developing metrics to evaluate performance of the sensing system and coupling them seamlessly to a control system. If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable services, we may be the team for you!
- M.S. in Engineering + minimum of 1-3 years of industry experience in design verification, application engineering and/or product engineering role
- Proficiency in scripting languages (such as Python/MATLAB), software development languages (such as C/C++)
- Background and experience in electrical and/or mechanical design of fixtures and/or robots
- Hands-on prototyping experience
- Experience with sensor technologies (depth sensing and IMU)
- Experience with motor control systems
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent critical analysis, statistical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and leadership skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Drive sensor selection and integration activities, including schematic design, bring-up, and troubleshooting. - Define performance metrics of the sensing system, develop detailed verification plan based on these metrics - Design and develop systems for motor control - Prototyping proof of concept systems - Technical leadership - Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, System Engineering, Firmware/Software Engineering