Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The data security team is building novel crypto and security products. We are a small team which designs build libraries and services. Server-side developers rely on us to keep their data and everyday interactions safe and private. We reason about the security property of complex systems under reasonable threat model. We build secure systems that handle massive and growing scale of data. Our tools must be an example of excellence in software engineering. That's a tall order, and we're looking to add more talented and passionate engineers who love dealing with such challenges. Your impact will be truly appreciated by billions of customers of Apple who rely on our services to keep their data and everyday interactions safe and private. If this is something which excites you, we'd love to hear from you.
- At least 5 years of experience as technical lead cloud scale software solutions
- Demonstrated engineering experience in Key Management Systems (KMS)
- Experience with any AWS KMS, AWS IAM, OAuth2, OPA, OIDC, LDAP, TLS
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of Golang, Rust, or C.
- Working knowledge of TLS, PKI and common cipher suites
- Working knowledge of Linux and Linux Security primitives (DAC, SELinux)
- Deep understanding of Key Management standards and techniques
You will join a team of engineers who passionately protect Apple and our customers from all emerging security threats. You will be focused on identifying threats and building tools to analyze, automate and discover security issues. You will cover the gamut of what Apple offers, including iOS, iCloud, OS X and Windows. To be successful in this role you will need to possess a desire to solve hard problems, sound judgment under pressure, a strong technical background, attention to detail and exceptional lateral and executive communication skills. You will need to coordinate between many stakeholders, set expectations for deliverables from many different teams, be the owner of various security initiatives and ultimately be responsible for its success.
Education & Experience
MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent