Senior Product Manager, Digital Asset Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little guidance fuels your creativity? The platform team is responsible for the evolution of the core applications and SAAS used to support and manage the Apple Online Store. These applications include the Online Store Publishing Suite (Product Catalog, Content Management, Digital Media Management systems, and others). As the Product Manager for Digital Assets, you will be responsible for defining a critical part of the roadmap for asset management, defining core new capabilities and helping support new, future customer-facing features that are being defined by our User Experience teams. You have in-depth experience working in product within a large-scale company, in content and asset management apps, including rights management, handling and implementing asset management interfaces, workflows from initial demand, requirement definition, to final delivery. You are self-directed, operationally minded, and motivated, with strong analytical, project management, and influencing skills. You have deep expertise in asset collection, asset insights, 3D assets, transcription, and asset metadata. You have a knack for understanding applications interfaces from a user perspective, as well as being able to clearly articulate requirements to engineering and product management partners.
- 7+ years of hands-on product management experience in large-scale global content and asset management systems (required).
- Experience with images and video asset management in consumer E-commerce industry.
- Experience with cloud based applications.
- Demonstrated success in business process improvement/re-engineering.
- Effectively able to communicate to a global audience and to management.
- Ambitious and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm.
- Exhibits high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Experience with 3D/VR/AR asset management a plus.
- Start-up/ambitious experience.
- Engineering background.
- Additional language skills a plus.
- Direct and lead the strategy and evolution of the Apple Online Store’s asset management applications. Be the internal champion for intelligent, balanced tools and process solutions. - Work with publishers to gather functional and technical requirements around digital asset metadata, taxonomy, organization, and workflow. - Collaborate with software UI/UX designer to create intuitive UI and workflow. - Translate requirements into generic digital asset management platform capabilities that are extensible to all projects and channels. - Drive detailed requirement definitions intended for the engineering teams. - Partner with other product management teams to communicate project status, resolve issues, and ensure that high quality products are delivered on time. - Understand and discuss technical concepts and handle trade-offs with internal stakeholders and engineering partners. - Collaborate with engineering to conduct RFPs and evaluate third party technologies for appropriateness, if necessary. - Collaborate on a continuous basis with other product management track owners, analyze impact of upcoming new features on the publishing suite, identify software requirements and include these in the product roadmap. - Consult in development of launch plans, ensure detailed planning of deliverables. - Identify and drive business process changes needed to support new products once released into production. - Be an advocate and evangelist for asset management, standard methodologies and opportunities. - Be responsible for identifying and leading publishing and business process re-engineering opportunities.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree required. Computer science degree preferred.