Tools Framework Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Technology Development Group is looking for a Tools Framework Engineer to help build frameworks that will drive the tools for the next generation of interactive experiences for our platform. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every day.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Experience working on developer-facing Tools or Editors
- Broad exposure to UI frameworks (CoreAnimation, WPF, UIKit, Android, AppKit..)
- Preferred Qualifications
- 3 years experience in software development
- Swift, Xcode, Objective-C
- Experience working on developer-facing frameworks or libraries
- Experience working on UI frameworks
- Metal, OpenGL, or DirectX
Apple’s UI frameworks define the look and feel of our software and products. You will have the opportunity to build software that directly impacts the way both developers and customers interact with our products. Work closely with HI, designers, and internal clients to define and deliver the foundation for the next generation of tool user interfaces and entirely new interaction models. Strong candidates are encouraged to apply even if they are missing some of the qualifications.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent