Engineering Project Manager - Identity & Security
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that is developing excellence, creativity and innovation as we enable the design of the next generation of revolutionary Apple products. Apple's Identity Management team is seeking an Engineering Project Manager to join an extraordinary Identity Management Services Team.
- Extensive experience with application design, integration and deployment in an integrated global IT environment
- Hands-on information security experience in large enterprise environments.
- Manage rapid enterprise wide, cross functional development cycles
- Strong technical background, Familiarity with Java, SOA, J2EE, Object Oriented Programming, Oracle is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Identity Management solutions, Kerberos, SSO, OAuth, SAML, Encryption, PKI
- Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills
- Ability to manage project constraints time, cost and quality
- 5+ years general IT/IS experience and systems development
- 4+ years project management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities
- Development experience in Java EE or Spring is a plus
- Superb communication, leadership and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical mindset and attention to detail, especially in predicting and preventing potential future challenges
- Strong judgment, oral and written communication, and leadership skills
- Ability of drive decisions, influence change and resolve conflicts effectively
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to figure out pragmatic technical solutions to complex business problems
Apple's Identity Management team is seeking an Engineering Project Manager to join an extraordinary Identity Management Services Team. This is an Engineering PM role in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You will need to have solid project management skills, in both waterfall and agile environment. Additionally, a background in identity and access management concepts is very desirable. You will be responsible to work with multi-functional technical and business teams during software development process. You will prioritize issues and handle the details as well as the big picture. Being able to think on your feet is important, as is the ability to productively debate the validity of a given approach to any aspect of a project under your control. - You will harmonize with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver premier products in an exciting dynamic environment. - Will partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company - Drive functional and technical design for business requirements - Autonomously lead projects of varying scale and complexity - Lead multi-functional projects with only consultative direction from management - Plan and handle a portfolio of projects, setting priorities, measurable objectives and run change - Run communications on status and issues to team members, management and other project partners - Collect and review business requirements, ensure visibility and establish expectations for services requested - Develop lead and execute project plans, defining scope, schedule, risk, work you're doing, resources and budget
Education & Experience
- BS degree in computer science or information management plus 5+ years or MS degree plus 3+ years’ experience or equivalent
- - Experience in C/C++, PKI Service, SSL, application performance turning
- - Hands-on experience in Oracle database performance turning, optimization
- - Experience in Identity Management & Security is a huge plus (authentication, authorization, provisioning, etc.).
- - Exposure to Project Management skills and tools