Software Engineer - Networks
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to help build connected experiences in a 3D AR/VR world. In this role you will work closely with other developers and build tools and frameworks that can enable them and 3rd party developers to easily work a multi-device multi-user experience. You will have the rare opportunity to enable Apple to surprise and delight its customers in an emerging field with an extended presence that extends beyond a single user.
- 3+ years of experience developing networked applications, with understanding of limitations of the internet.
- Experience in lag compensation techniques and latency mitigation.
- Excellent 2D and 3D maths skills.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills is needed
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with SW/HW parallelism, and asynchronous processing
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Understanding backends and scalability is a plus.
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is working with some of Apple's most advanced and exciting technologies, including augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) explorations. As a member of our fast-paced organization, you will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly evolving team, driving experiences that will delight and inspire millions of people.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.