Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Audio Systems Engineering team is looking for an entry level acoustic engineer to work alongside product teams to prototype and develop audio algorithms & customer facing audio features. We are seeking the most passionate talent to join our group! You will work closely with the audio design, validation, and software teams to ensure the success of current and future Apple Audio products. We are a rapidly growing team. Are you passionate about audio and acoustics, building new products, working alongside team members? Do you thrive working with a group that shares your vision? If so, this could be your opportunity! The role is for a junior specialist in our department to solve product related audio engineering problems using measurement and prototyping approaches.
- Deep understanding of digital audio signal processing (DSP) for key audio applications, such as speech recognition and VoIP.
- Creation of acoustic techniques like beamforming, Acoustic Echo Cancellation.
- Machine Learning experience with audio signals, both classification and regression.
- Physical and room acoustics.
- Audio engineering research and development across multiple projects.
- Software skills for data processing and analysis, such Matlab, Python, version control.
- Crafting and implementing experiments while using creativity.
- Ability to communicate findings and ideas to other teams for more diverse inclusion.
- Creativity in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Ability to effectively use phenomenal communication in a dynamic, multi-functional environment
As part of Apple’s Audio Design and Engineering group, you will have responsibilities that include: Crafting and running hands-on acoustical measurements to resolve product audio performance. Computing data processing, organization and analysis for review. Prototyping of acoustical and audio technologies to prove new opportunities for product development. Analyzing and recommending the signal processing tuning parameters for optimization of performance. Communicating results to multi-functional teams while tackling engineering obstacles.
Education & Experience
Masters degree in Acoustics, Audio Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics or a related area, PhD preferred.