Cellular SOC Verification Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our team, you will be responsible for and contribute to verifying high throughput complex SoCs, integrating multiple complex IP level DV environment into chip level DV, crafting highly reusable premier UVM TB, implementing effective coverage driven and directed test cases, deploying new tools and implementing methodologies to improve quality of tape-out readiness. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what cellular systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Do you want to have an impact on every single Apple product? As a Design Verification Engineer on this team, you are at the center of the verification effort within a silicon design group responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art Cellular SoCs. This position requires someone comfortable will all aspects of SoC design verification engineering, that thrives in a dynamic multi-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
- Proven track record of taping out large SoC systems with embedded processor cores and hands-on verification experience of PCIe, LPDDR4 Memory Controller, Bus Fabric, NOC, AHB, AXI, based bus architecture in UVM environment
- In-depth knowledge and experience working with low power design, UPF integration, power-aware verification, power-aware coverage, boot-up, power-cycling, HW/FW interaction verification
- Should be a standout colleague with excellent communication and analytic and the desire to take on diverse challenges.
- Knowledge of 4G/5G cellular physical layer operation (3GPP) is a plus.
• Understand details of High Throughput SoC Architecture, standard SoC peripherals such as SPI, I2C, UART, Timers, DMA, memory management schemes, low power spec and power aware testing, multi-processor systems, DDR, PCIe, PLL, debug infrastructure, on-chip security verification, power up schemes. • Create coverage driven verification plans from specifications, review and refine to achieve coverage targets. • Architect UVM based highly reusable test benches and integrate complex multi-instance VIPs, sub-system test benches and test suites to SoC level, achieve targeted coverage, work with design, architecture, SW, FW and external IP delivery teams to effectively integrate and verify overall SoC design • Construct detailed test plan to cover key integration use cases, through collaborative work with design, FW, and SW teams. • Collaborate with SW, FW, emulation and product testing teams to aid in the verification and debug of boot code, drivers, and test vector generation. • Work closely with DV methodology architects to improve verification flow. • Knowledge of assertion-based verification, simulation acceleration greatly valued • Beneficial to have Cellular and/or digital communication background
Education & Experience
BS/MS in EE/CS with at least 10+ years of dedicated/hands-on ASIC DV experience in reusable verification methodology such as UVM, OVM, eRM, VMM, etc. with most recent experience in UVM and consistent track record of working full ASIC cycle from concept to tape-out to bring-up.