Siri - Product Researcher, Siri Understanding Product Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. Work with the creators of the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri Product Management team at Apple.
- 2-5+ years of experience in data engineering.
- Expertise with various ETL technologies and familiar with ETL tools.
- You have engineered metrics and statistical information out of massive and complex datasets (e.g. Hive, Spark MLlib, Druid, Solr, Kafka).
- You are proficient in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Scala) and are comfortable developing code within a team environment (e.g. git, testing, code reviews).
- Have a solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience with visualization, data mining, or statistical tools
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in influencing decisions with the information.
- Your academic background is in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
The Siri Understanding team is looking for an experienced data scientist to collaborate with our Understanding product management team. The Siri Understanding product management team is responsible for defining the vision and customer value for the ML systems backing Siri's ability to Understand users. As a product researcher, you will use data to build to define metrics that measure customer success, take part in the creation of product roadmaps that maximize customer value and defining areas of opportunity for future investment. - Create data visualizations to make complex data easy to understand by all stakeholders - Deliver product insights throw the distillation of large data sets using the industry-standard technology stack - Collaborate with product and engineering teams to define a vision customer value for some of our largest products and a roadmap in pursuit of this vision. - Work with ML teams to Understand how individual component metrics contribute to E2E customer success metrics
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience