GNSS Platform Software Engineer - Ephemeris and Aiding
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Sensing and Connectivity team and drive innovation that matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you. Come and create the next generation of Apple’s iOS GNSS location platform that powers positioning and location services on the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and future products. We are looking for experienced software engineers who are passionate about the location/navigation domain and have a strong background in GNSS orbit and clock aiding data services to permit rapid acquisition and use of GNSS satellite signals.
- Proficient in GPS GNSS radio-navigation theory and technology
- Strong working knowledge of GNSS assistance systems and data types (almanac and ephemeris data) as well as their integration into overall GNSS performance strategies.
- Experience developing or operating fault-tolerant, high-availability server backend for delivering GNSS assistance data to customer devices.
- Is a proficient software developer in languages such as C, C++, Python and familiar with source control tools such as git.
- Will thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment and will communicate effectively with cross-functional team members.
At Apple, you will join a group of world class location engineers and software architects who develop the GNSS software stack that is shared across all our devices. You will: apply your skills and experience to solve some of the most challenging problems in personal navigation; work closely with systems and hardware engineers to define and develop new navigation technologies and applications; work directly on the location platform framework that delivers accurate and seamless positioning information to Apple-internal and third-party clients. At Apple, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field with 3+ years of industry experience with technologies related to GNSS assistance data.