Interactive Art Director
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the creative development and implementation of World Class communications. As a member of the Interactive Team, this role designs content and interfaces for apple.com and other interactive platforms, particularly for Apple product launches, under the limited direction of an Associate Creative Director. You have a successful background in graphic design and art direction for the web, particularly for the marketing of major brands; a strong knowledge of interactive creative development processes; and experience developing creative solutions with limited direction from an Associate Creative Director.
- You have at least 5 to 7 years meaningful (preferably agency) experience specializing in visual design for the web. are proficient in design software including, but not limited to, Illustrator and Photoshop
- You have experience in advertising, marketing, corporate identity, brand management, sales promotion and/or new media communication.
- You have expertise in developing creative solutions in a variety of campaigns, across a broad range of problems and media, including advertising, graphic design, Corporate ID, interactive, and collateral.
- You have knowledge of the requirements of the creative process including typical time and resources needed to produce with efficiency quality work on time, and to specification.
• Accountable for successful conception and execution of visual creative direction • Regularly reviews creative work with the group’s senior creative staff to get feedback on direction, and to ensure the work is aligned with other activities in the group. • Delivers the art direction of an interactive project, from concept through to code • Develops innovative and on-strategy designs and experiences that meet the objectives of the assignment • Solves problems conceptually in collaboration with the broader interactive team, including writers, UX designers, creative technologists, and developers • Presents persuasively and clearly articulating design rationale • Communicates effectively — verbally and in writing — with other creatives and product managers, engendering trust and respect • Manages the work of interactive designers and art directs photographers and illustrators as necessary
Education & Experience
BA or BFA in Graphic Design or other related design discipline preferred.