Cloud DevOps Engineer, Ad Platforms
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Ad Platforms TechOps Team is seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer for a great opportunity. You will be responsible for developing and operational management of the hosting platforms. Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, problem solutions management, applications, networking, systems, communication/messaging, and resolving incidents and outage events utilizing documented processes and run books. Support emphasis will be in the Cloud/Dev Operations areas as well as key contributions to other technology stacks.
- 3+ years experience managing Public Cloud environments (ideally AWS, but Azure or GCP also provide good experience), using an infrastructure as code approach to ensuring infrastructure correctness. Strong experience using AWS configuration systems to ensure resiliency and high availability. We need experience programming cloud environments, and strong knowledge of operationally managing cloud environments.
- 3+ years experience in configuration management technologies (Ansible/Chef/Puppet/Cloud Formation) and experience programming these automation systems.
- Strong systems knowledge of modern distributed systems and resiliency approaches.
- Strong proficiency with Python, Go, Ruby or Perl, and experience (5+ years) using it to perform operational automation and infrastructure as code. Experience with testing strategies and a point of view on how to do safe production coding. Ability to learn new programming languages, important.
- Experience managing K8s based applications, and experience with Service Meshes, nice to have.
- Experience working with Hashicorp stack (in particular - terraform, nomad, consul, packer), nice to have.
- Strong systems knowledge of Linux/Unix systems, and sound knowledge of tcp/ip network fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Load Balancers software and hardware (Netscaler,F5,HAproxy,nginx, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform analysis, define new processes and drive technology initiatives and projects.
- Extraordinary experience in developing and executing a well-defined approach to implementing change in a Global environment.
You’ll be part of the team delivering hosting infrastructure for Ad Platforms, supporting the continued growth of Ad Platforms, by helping to ensure that Ad Platforms can continue to scale up and grow. With global deployments, and fast growth, we need solutions to deliver new capabilities for Apple’s customers. You work to ensure high availability/high resiliency patterns for application owners to build on, solve operational problems with our infrastructure, and help drive the continued evolution of our hosting infrastructure. Your duties will include: - Contribute to the development of our hosting infrastructure platform – in public cloud, K8s, and private cloud. - Responsible for operational management of hosting infrastructure platform – manage infrastructure, ensure operational health, solve operational problems, all while driving fixes that improve resiliency back into our hosting infrastructure. - Help application owners solve their resiliency problems on the hosting infrastructure, ensuring a high level of service quality on our infrastructure. - Work with Application SREs to deliver infrastructure for new projects, ensuring that new systems are built to ensure resiliency, high availability and cost efficiency. - Develop and manage tooling that ensures Ad Platforms cloud infrastructure is deployed in the most resilient and cost effective manner possible. - Provide On Call support for hosting infrastructure on a rotation basis.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering discipline or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.