Analog/RF IC Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is inspired by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As a Wireless Hardware Design Lead, you will be responsible for crafting development boards and reference designs for testing and evaluating emerging wireless chip technologies.
- We would like you to have strong knowledge of RF blocks such as VCOs, LNA and up/down converters. Good knowledge of ADC/DAC designs/architectures would be helpful too.
- Sound knowledge of system partitioning and how they relate to block level specs is critical to have.
- Working knowledge of bandgaps, bias, opamps, switched-cap circuits, feedback and compensation techniques would be essential.
- You can benefit from hands-on knowledge of low noise design techniques.
- Solid knowledge of high precision techniques in presence of device mismatch is good to have.
- Experience in C/Matlab/VerilogA modeling and strong device physics knowledge as it applies to analog IC designs would be a plus.
- Hands-on working experience in using spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc. for analog design validation is a bonus.
- Experience in working with production test engineers to firm up test plans and design for testability details will be a bonus.
As an Analog/RF Design Engineer at Apple, you will utilize your vast background in Analog Circuit Design, and be responsible for providing AMS design solutions for wireless chips. Responsibilities Include: - Transistor-level feasibility studies for various blocks in AFE and designing blocks and documenting design towards formal design reviews. - Drive mask design to implement layout view of designs. - Run top-level simulations to validate top-level integration. - Define production/bench-level test plans. - Take lab measurements to validate analog designs. - Drive/review yield/lab test results to drive bug fixes, and design for ESD compliance.
Education & Experience
MSEE is required; PhD would be an advantage.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.