SoC Silicon Materials Engineering Project Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Be at the center of the action on new custom silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking Products. Apple’s Silicon Engineering Group (SEG), is looking for an inventive, high-energy Engineering Project Specialist (EPS), to assist with the management of material planning for silicon engineering. As an EPS within the SEG organization, you will drive planning, implementation and ongoing support of the engineering silicon material. The SEG environment is dynamic and constantly evolving; flexibility is a requirement. The ability to prioritize and react quickly is important. You will work closely with Engineering teams, Apple Global Supply Managers (GSM) and external vendors to facilitate silicon validation. We are looking for a material manager able to multi-task and prioritize your work, have strong eye for details, and possess excellent communication skills. The goal is to provide engineering support for the development and validation of state of the art silicon material, spanning engineering design phases through production release and ramp for our innovative products.
- Bachelors degree or 2+ years of shown experience.
- Silicon material management experience a plus.
- Experience managing, prioritizing and maintaining multiple projects at a time.
- Very detail oriented to ensure accuracy of all data, status and reports.
- Excellent communication; both written and verbal.
- Adept at working with multi-functional teams.
- Top-notch critical thinking skill set; big picture program understanding and details.
- Ability to react to changes in a time sensitive environment.
- Experience with overseas vendors.
- Ability to operate in high fast paced situations
- A Self-starter who can function with ambiguity.
• Management of silicon material validation plans in reference for silicon New Product Introduction (NPI) phase. • Host, attend and present at various meetings. • Report and implement delivery schedules, materials and details, i.e., fusing, test programs, DRAM, packaging issues and schedules. • Track material as it flows from the factory through to the engineering teams. • Ensure the smooth flow of material vital to meet the validation requirements and schedules. • Drive GSM and vendors to deliver the requested material in a timely manner. • Handle and rebound from critical issues that might stem from Engineering change, material shortage or schedule slips. • Report on material progress and investigate material blocker issues. • Play a key role in the allocation of material in the case of shortages. • Anticipate potential issues that may arise and communicate to relevant teams to jump-start mitigation paths.
Education & Experience
• BA/BS degree, Business and Supply Chain focus preferred.