SoC Silicon Materials Engineering Project Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be at the center of the action on new custom silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking Products. Apple’s Silicon Engineering Group (SEG), is looking for an inventive and high-energy Engineering Project Specialist (EPS), for the planning of various silicon material across engineering teams. As an EPS within the SEG organization, you will be responsible for planning, implementation and ongoing support of the engineering silicon material. The SEG environment is dynamic and ever-changing; flexibility is a requirement. The ability to prioritize and react quickly is essential. You will work closely with Engineering teams, Apple Global Supply Managers and external vendors to facilitate silicon validation. We are looking for a material manager with excellent interpersonal skills—who is detail oriented and able to multi-task and prioritize time-sensitive work. The goal is to provide engineering support for the development and validation of state-of-the-art silicon material, spanning engineering design phases through production release and ramp for our innovative products.
- BA/BS degree or 4+ years of industry experience.
- Silicon material management experience.
- Familiarity with semiconductor supply chain – wafer, test, package, OSAT, Foundry flows.
- Experience with overseas vendors.
- Adept at working multiple Engineering departments.
- Experience managing, organizing and maintaining multiple projects at a time.
- Detail oriented, ensuring accuracy of all data, status and reports.
- Excellent communication; both written and verbal.
- Top-notch critical thinking skill set; big picture program understanding and details.
- Ability to react to changes in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to stay calm in high pressure situations.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working with ambiguity.
- A high degree of familiarity with Excel for day-to-day use
• Develop and manage silicon material tracking plans in reference to new product validation programs and teams. • Host and attend various meeting from a material planning perspective. • Communicate delivery schedules and be familiar with associated details such as test program, special fusing requirements, associated memory, corners, packaging, expedite status. • Track material as it flows from the factory through to the engineering teams. • Ensure the smooth flow of material necessary to meet the validation requirements and schedules. • Drive GSM and vendors to deliver the requested material in a timely manner. • Handle and rebound from critical issues that might stem from Engineering change, material shortage or schedule slip. • Report on material progress and investigate material blocker issues. • Play a key role in the allocation of material in the case of shortages. • Anticipate potential issues that may arise and communicate to relevant teams to jump-start mitigation path.
Education & Experience
• BA/BS degree, Business and Supply Chain focus preferred.