System/Architecture Engineering Program Manager (EPM)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for an experienced, highly technical EPM to join the team driving architecture definition of a new product category. If you have broad experience across the different hardware technologies that go into Apple products (e.g displays, cameras, RF, custom silicon), a strong product/customer focus, and the ability to distill tradeoffs down to key factors and drive critical product decisions we’d love to hear from you.
- Understanding of consumer electronics system architecture
- Demonstrated ability to work through architecture tradeoffs, including in systems with custom silicon components
- Proven track record of managing complex hardware product schedules and engineering builds
- Strong technical background in Electrical, Mechanical, or Software Engineering
- 7+ years of relevant hardware engineering experience in consumer electronics
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Proactive and highly self-motivated; good critical thinking capabilities and strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate well in an environment with rapid development cycles and constant change
- Ability to travel internationally
As a System/Architecture EPM, you will work closely with mechanical, electrical, algorithm, and software teams in TDG and across the company to define and develop highly optimized hardware products. You will be responsible for: - Driving the development of system requirements based on experience targets and technology constraints. - Identifying the most critical questions and organizing teams to find efficient ways to get answers. - Understanding the link between technical details of the system and customer experience and communicating impacts clearly and concisely. - Coordinating with silicon teams to develop custom processing solutions for the product’s specific requirements. - Planning and execution of prototyping build events, including material planning and factory readiness. - Travel internationally to support development builds. If this sounds like you, we would love to explore the option of you being a part of our team
Education & Experience
BS degree in EE/CE/ME degree required, MS preferred.