Senior Engineering Project Manager (Cloud Services)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are establishing a centralized team to enable 3rd party cloud access and adoption. You will partner with developers, system and site reliability engineers and adopters to understand their challenges, work through their issues and track activities under various cloud initiatives. The ideal candidate is someone with a proven track record, sound technical knowledge and skills in delivering complex cloud programs and managing projects under timelines. We need someone to take charge and become responsible to resolve outcomes and feel a personal stake in paving the way for the teams you engage. You will need to communicate responsibilities and scope clearly, value integrity and always maintain an open mind. You handle conflict, protect people’s time and have a curious mind to know how things work.
- At least 5 years of technical project management in a software development and cloud deployment environment
- Previous technical and project management experience working on large scale programs.
- Good proficiency in software development and deployment.
- Solid technical proficiency: cloud architecture, development and deployment, databases, build & release systems, and bonus points for past programming experience.
- Experience in process engineering to improve existing processes with a metrics driven approach
- Naturally accountable and responsible: Self-starter, self-motivated, disciplined, and self-sufficient
- Good at prioritization and applying sound, data-based judgement to weigh trade- offs
- Exposure to setting up and handling agile process frameworks.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity
- A creative problem solver with excellent social and diplomacy skills.
- Experience automating tasks using existing tools and scripting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Experienced project manager familiar with running end-to-end lifecycles for IT programs in large scale global data center environments.
You will establish and document the scope of the project including the schedule. You should have an informed perspective on what should be included / excluded as a partner with the various engineering teams, while keeping an eye on all associated threads from compliance to security and finance. This includes known risks, dependencies, milestones, etc. and make adjustments as needed. You will handle communication to stakeholders, the teams, and cross-functional partners. Schedule, publish agendas, run, and summarize decisions / action items for meetings where EPM involvement is needed. Remain curious to understand and be able to represent the overall system design independently. You will ensure the work is prioritized to meet the project expectations and offer data and planning expertise for working through prioritization challenges. You will run meetings as needed to understand all issues and ensure any changes to the service are lined up for deployment. Collaborate with various organizations across Apple.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years or equivalent experience. Project Management certification a plus