Optical Sensing Systems Development Intern
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unrivaled and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Develop, support, and launch next-generation light-sensing technologies, enabling our devices to interact with the environment in ways never envisioned. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet.
- Strong engineering background in optical fundamentals and characterization
- Experience with spectrophotometers, ellipsometry and other optics lab instrumentation
- Experience with optical simulation
- Familiarity with Python, MATLAB, or comparable programs for lab data acquisition and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Build and customize optical characterization tools. - Develop optical simulation models. - Assist with cross-functional optical systems engineering, firmware engineering, and process engineering, to deliver state-of-the-art solutions.
Education & Experience
Pursuing B.S., M.S, or Ph.D. in Optical Engineering, Physics, or related programs. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.