Digital Design and Verification Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing cellular wireless design team? Do you flourish with pushing the limits of integration for highly complex RF cellular SOCs in advanced technology nodes? Our team is responsible for all aspects of cellular silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level. In this technical, hands-on management role you will be leading an RTL design/integration and verification team for new silicon developments. The team’s responsibilities will include specification, design, integration, lint, CDC, synthesis, and STA as well as implementing test benches, running regression and reporting DV metrics to allow bug tracking and bug fixes. Would you like to help us build a world-class team?
- 10+ years or more industry experience and prior digital design team management bringing silicon ICs into mass production would set you up for success in this role.
- Deep understanding of digital design flow including RTL simulation, logic synthesis, timing constraints, timing closure, STA, parasitic back-annotation, gate level simulation, logic equivalence checking, lower power design flow, etc. would be essential.
- Deep knowledge of digital logic implementation is critical to have.
- You would need experience with one or more of the following: embedded CPUs, bus fabric (AXI/AHB/APB), DMA, serial interface design (I2C, SPI, UART), wireless protocols, power management, signal processing.
- Familiarity with ASIC test methodology and knowledge of techniques such as scan insertion, memory BIST and test pattern generation is a must-have.
- You can benefit from thorough understanding of digital design and overall requirements for mixed signal circuits such as PLLs, ADCs and DACs.
- Experience with Cadence environment is a plus.
- Experience with post-silicon bring-up and UVM is important.
- Experience with low level programming in C/C++, writing scripts in languages like Python, Perl and Tcl will help you succeed.
- Experience with formal verification tools and understanding of constrained random verification process, functional coverage and code coverage is a bonus.
- Knowledge of industry standard interfaces, Verilog, Verilog simulator and debug will be helpful.
- We want you to take responsibility for all the digital design methodology employed by the team and ensure the application of uniform standards and adoption of best practices. - You will lead a group of digital designers and verification engineers, and take charge in hiring, resource planning, scheduling, performance management, communication with upper management and overall design team execution. - You would work with other design and verification teams within Apple to identify holes in the design and integration flow and implement corrective action. - We expect you to collaborate with RF and modem systems team to understand the top-level requirements of the digital functions and develop detailed specifications. - You will also work closely with the RF design and digital architecture teams to review specifications, understand architecture, develop tests and coverage plans, define methodology and test benches. - We would like you to drive the implementation of functions in Verilog RTL to specification. - You will specify use cases and verification attributes, through collaboration with other analog and digital verification teams. - You would lead the RTL design team to deliver quality netlists to physical design by running quality flow checks, such as lint, CDC, LEC, power intent, etc. - Your day-to-day responsibilities would also include developing test vectors for silicon bring up and production testing, and implementing all DFT requirements per Apple internal unified methodology and contributing to flow improvements as/if needed.
Education & Experience
BSEE is required. MSEE/PhD is preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.