RTL Design Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing cellular wireless design team? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of integration for highly complex RF cellular SOCs in advanced technology nodes? Our team is responsible for all aspects of cellular silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level. As an RTL Design Engineer, you will be at the center of the silicon design group with a meaningful role getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. Wouldn't you love a dynamic yet challenging role as an RTL Design Engineer here at Apple?
- We'd like you to have 7+ years of hands-on experience in digital design.
- Good knowledge in modern design techniques and energy-efficient/low power logic design will set you up for success.
- Solid background in architecture including one or more of the following is required:
- 1. Bus fabric, especially APB/AHB/AXI
- 2. Tiered memory systems
- 3. System debug architecture
- 4. Power management with multiple power domains
- 5. Integer and floating-point numeric units
- 6. High-speed data path and control units
- You will need track record of bringing logic designs into mass production to succeed in this role.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules is essential.
- Excellent communication skills and self-motivation/organization are critical skills to have.
- Experience with FPGA and/or emulation platform would be helpful.
- Ability to drive strong production test/QA methodologies is a plus.
As part of a SOC Design team, you will develop signal processing intensive designs for RF cellular transceivers SoCs, including: - Architecture definition - IP integration, RTL logic design, and verification support - Running tools to ensure lint-free and CDC clean design - Synthesis and timing constraints - Collaboration with algorithm and software team to ensure performance and power efficiency - Control circuits for mixed signal blocks such as PLLs, ADCs, DACs, Serial links
Education & Experience
BSEE is required. MSEE/PhD is preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.