RF Cellular Transceiver SoC Validation Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing cellular wireless design team? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of integration for highly complex RF cellular SOCs in advanced technology nodes? Our team owns all aspects of cellular transceivers silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level. In this technical, hands-on management role, you will be leading a team of validation engineers and be responsible for validating major RF cellular system blocks via focused block level tests, as well as RF cellular transceiver level testing for coexistence within the radio and with other radios. Would you like to join us and make impact?
- We would like you to have 10+ year of industry experience in RF validation team management for RF/Mix signal blocks and RF digital blocks.
- Strong knowledge of RF test equipment, such as RF spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, Vector analyzers, RF signal generators, phase noise analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM’s, etc. is critical to have.
- Consistent track record of being the key contributor to high volume RF transceivers.
- Strong bring-up and debugging skills and hands-on lab work experience.
- Knowledge in defining requirements for and setting up an RF lab.
- Good working knowledge of PCB technologies.
- Expertise in driving the bring up and test RF cellular SoC, Perform system integration, characterization and optimization.
- Experience in end to end RF measurements, as well as building block characterization like LNAs, downconverters, upconverters, BBFs, Driver amplifiers, power amplifiers, PLLs, VCOs, high performance ADCs and DACs.
- Ability to understand board schematics, participate in HW Silicon validation boards schematic reviews and come up with HW board requirements for doing SOC validation.
- Experience with digital interfaces SMB/SPMI/QSPI/SPI/UART/I2C/JTAG.
- Automation experience and proficiency with measurement automation tools and scripting languages such as Python, TCL, Expect, shell scripts.
- Experience with C/C++ and writing/debugging firmware test cases.
- Familiarity with working with ATE engineers and working on mass production integrated circuits.
- Take charge of RF & Analog mixed signal and digital design validation methodology employed by the team and ensure the application of uniform standards and adoption of best practices. - Lead the RF SOC verification team and take responsibility for hiring, resource planning, scheduling, performance management, communication with upper management and overall design team execution. - Collaborate with RF/modem systems teams and RF IC design team to understand the top-level requirements and drive the development for all block level and end-end testing at SOC level. - Review specifications, extract features, define and execute validation plan. - Write scripts for automation of flow and implement their use within the team, to guarantee flawless and timely execution. - Use your effective communication skills to work across large multi-functional HW, SW, and architecture teams. Provide guidance on board-level HW design requirements and contribute to ATE test and reliability test planning.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/EE is highly recommend.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.