Engineering Project Manager, Core OS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Core OS organization is looking for an experienced program manager to lead highly cross-functional technology efforts across Mac OS X and iOS. This is an opportunity to drive key software initiatives across disciplines as well as integrating them with hardware roadmaps. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, and technical skills who works well in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- At least 5 years of program or product management in software development
- Driving cross-functional efforts across major technical disciplines: SW, HW, Silicon, and QA
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills to engineers, managers, and execs
- Identifying risks, developing mitigation strategies, and facilitating resolutions
- Sound technical foundation and a highly motivated self-starter
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices and related dependencies
- Strong leadership skills and ability to inspire team members
* We are looking for someone to drive, own, and ship all aspects of large, cross-functional efforts and feature areas * Partner with engineering teams throughout feature development from architecture, design, implementation, and validation * Proactively identify, prioritize, and drive resolution to program issues * Present and communicate new feature initiatives, top issues, risks, critical milestones to executive leadership * Manage the roadmap, priorities, scoping, timelines, for technologies * Help the team with ongoing improvements to the program management processes * Collaborate with Engineering, Quality, Operations, and Marketing teams
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, preferred.